Referrals to Community Services
What is Washington’s Mental Health Referral Service for Children and Teens?
Washington’s Mental Health Referral Service for Children and Teens connects families with mental health providers who have openings in their schedule and can meet your child’s needs. We link you to providers in your local area who fit your child’s specialty needs and insurance coverage. Washington state funds the free referral service and Seattle Children’s operates it.
Any Washington family can use this free service. We make referrals for children and teens 17 and younger from across Washington. We connect families with evidence-supported outpatient mental health services in their community.
List of Mental Health Referral Services
How to Use the Mental Health Referral Service:
- Have your insurance card handy and helpful information about your child’s diagnosis.
- Call 833-303-5437 Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- We will ask about your child’s mental health needs, health insurance plan and where you live. Within 7 business days, we will contact you with at least 2 providers who fit your child’s needs and have openings. We will give you details on how to contact them.
- We will also send the referral suggestions to your primary care provider.
- Within 2 weeks, we’ll follow up to make sure your child is getting the care they need. If you do not have an appointment yet, we will talk about any problems you are having. If needed, we will link you with another provider.