Counseling Services Provided
at Rosa Parks
- Individual Counseling
- Small Group Counseling
- Classroom Guidance Lessons
- Crisis Intervention
- Consultation with Parent and Teachers
- Coordination with Outside Agencies & Therapists
- Referrals to Community Services
Why Do Kids Need Counseling
- Children learn best when they feel good about themselves and their relationships with others
- Children who understand their feelings are better able to control their behavior
- Schools, parents and communities that communicate and collaborate provide the most effective support to children
- Attitudes formed during elementary school shape future attitudes towards learning, self, and society
A recess leader is expected to support their peers on the playground by helping them solve problems, initiate more inclusive games, and by being a role model on the playground.
4th and 5th graders apply twice a year: September and February.
"I have learned that people will forget what you said; people will forget what you did; but people will never forget how you made them feel."
- Maya Angelou